[OT] Mac App Store

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Sat Oct 23 19:15:38 EDT 2010

> But anything they've done in Smartphones or other 'consumer
> like' products like set top boxes (remember WebTV?), they
> haven't done as well. The single exception in XBox360-- and
> to this day I still don't understand how that one succeeded.

Xbox / Xbox 360 have been much easier to develop for (in terms of both the
actual development and the business side) than Nintendo or PlayStation. XNA
lets you pretty much develop your PC and Xbox games using the same source
code. My understanding is that the same code is portable to Zune (and I
believe Windows 7 Phone). Xbox Live is also an easy to use system for
downloading games, playing multi-player games, etc.

Historically, when Sony shipped the Playstation it was easier to develop for
than Nintendo and Segas offerings, but Xbox development is pretty much like
developing for Windows.

Xbox has done really well in the Americas and Europe, but its had a very
rough time in Asia.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President