Help please: can't get behavior script to work

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 14:00:59 EDT 2010

On Oct 23, 2010, at 11:41 AM, André Bisseret wrote:

> Le 23 oct. 10 à 16:29, Ian McKnight a écrit :
>

>> Hi Andre
>>
>> It does help when you read the manual :) I did read it but I missed
>> the
>> significance of the last line!
>>
>> Anyway problem is solved all I need do is pass the mouseWithin
>> message in
>> each button - not a great price to pay.
>
> Ian,
>
> Just curious, why do you prefer mouseWithin to mouseEnter or
> mouseMove?
> (with one of these, you should not have to "pay any price" ;-)),
> should you?

I always use mousemove for this kind of thing, for that exact reason
-- no mousemove is sent unless the object itself has a mousemove
handler, which is cumbersome if you want some generic behavior when
the mouse is within any button, for instance.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig