Help please: can't get behavior script to work

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Sat Oct 23 10:01:11 EDT 2010

Bonjour Ian,

I just tried the following
- created:
- a stack
- a group "grButton" of 3 buttons: Button1, Button2, Button3
- another group "grBtn" of 3 buttons: Btn1, Btn2, Btn3
- grouped the two groups in a super group "grGlobal"

- a button "BtnBehavior"
- a field "fldTarget"

- put the following handler in the script of "BtnBehavior":
on mouseWithin
put the short name of the target into fld "fldTarget"
end mouseWithin

Finally i set the behavior of grp "grGlobal" to the long id of btn
"btnBehavior" of this card.

Hoping that replicate your problem,
Well:
Does not work with mouseWithin

But that works with other messages: with mouseUp, with mouseDown, with
mouseMove, with mouseEnter

Seems that the explanation is the last line of the doc on
"mouseWithin" in the Dictionary:

Note:  If there is no mouseWithinhandler in the target object'sscript,
no mouseWithinmessage is sent, even if there is a mouseWithinhandler
in an object that's further along the message path.

HTH

Best regards from Grenoble

André