Tab Panel - how to change the hilited selection?

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Fri Oct 22 12:39:14 EDT 2010

Amazingly enough, there appears to be no documentation for "Tab Panel", the "button" with choices displayed along the top of a rectangle.

I am using a Tab Panel to navigate between cards and when I click on a tab "button" it hilites and then my script navigates the user to a different card where the hilited button is not what the user clicked on to get there but rather, whatever button they clicked on when they last left that card.

I thought I knew how to set the hilite on the correct button once I got to the destination card but it appears I was mistaken.

What I'd like is for the hilited button on the tab panel to just stay selected according to the card it is on. Barring a way to freeze the hilite on each card to it's button, how do I set the hilite appropriately once I've landed on a card?

Seems like this simple characteristic of which button is hilited should be an attribute in the Inspector.

Thanks in advance.

Kee Nethery