revServer installation issues

Pierre Sahores psahores at free.fr
Thu Oct 21 19:39:24 EDT 2010

Boa tarde Andre,

I will report how it goes on my snowleo dev box / MBP i7 apple toy tomorrow evening.

> Bonjour Pierre,
>
> You need to check the following pieces:
>
> 1) Make sure AllowOverride is set to All on both CGI-Executables and
> Documents
>
> 2) Make sure your documents .htaccess include:
>  Options ExecCGI
>  AddHandler irev-script .irev
>  Action irev-script /cgi-bin/revserver
>
> Make sure the path "/cgi-bin/revserver" points to the RevServer engine. If
> you simply put the whole RevServer folder on CGI-Executables, that reference
> might be "/cgi-bin/revserver/revserver"
>
> 3) Now, I am not sure of this one, but I've added it here. On my .htaccess
> file for the CGI-Executables folder, I have an "Options ExecCGI"
>
> RevServer and it's files are set to 755 and are owned by "soapdog:admin". I
> don't think the files will run if owned by root. Too dangerous.

All irev scripts stored inside the cgi-bin directory should work as 644 as it does on the on-rev server, is't ?

> Pierre, did you actually used the little webserver that I've sent you? Did
> it work for you?

Nope ;-/ as i'm mainly developing linux hosted n-tier apps with 50% via PHP+Rev Stacks apps and 50% via On-Rev (more to say about this part in the near...).

Kind Regards,

Pierre