use-revolution Digest, Vol 85, Issue 44

Vokey, John vokey at uleth.ca
Thu Oct 21 16:09:23 EDT 2010

On 2010-10-21, at 1:34 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> Regardless of the method of acquiring, the data has to be put in RAM for any
> kind of manipulation, including cropping or resizing.
>
> sqb

Of course, but that is not the issue: it is *only* the crop command that fails on file-sourced image objects.  For example, if you create an image object and use the paint tools to create an image, it can be cropped with the crop command, but if the image object is sourced to a file, the crop command returns an error.

> On 21 October 2010 11:11, Vokey, John <vokey at uleth.ca> wrote:
>
>> LiveCode graphics gurus:
>> I have to process a few thousand photograph files through a simple set of
>> manipulations that scales, translates and rotates the images to a common
>> standard, and then crops them to a fixed size.  The code is simple, except
>> apparently the crop command doesn't work on file-based image objects.  How
>> do I manipulate the file-based image to allow for the crop command?
>> --
>> Please avoid sending me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
>> See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

See <http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html>

-Dr. John R. Vokey