MetaCard and LiveCode externals WAS: Re: [ANN]BvG Docu 1.7

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Thu Oct 21 06:16:42 EDT 2010

Hi Mark,

> Björnke-
>
> Wednesday, October 20, 2010, 4:41:27 AM, you wrote:
>
>> I fixed that, and i changed the test of "revappversion() = 4.5.0"
>> to "char 1 to 3 of the version = 4.5". I think that one should also
>> work in metacard, as well as for those crazy people who use beta
>> versions of the ide as main environment (shame on you).
>
> Nice. To remain future-friendly, you might want to change the check to
> if the version > 4.5
>> note: claim of properly working in metacard untested
> It doesn't work in mc because you make calls to the revxml library, as
> in line 245 of DocsLibContent ("revcreatexmltree"). Once I figure out
> how to get mc to recognize rev externals (Klaus?) this should work.

Hmm, this is pretty straightforward! :-)

Anyway, I created a folder "externals" in my MC folder and copied ALL the LC
externals into that folder. NO subfolder for "RevDB" stuff!!!

Then I added a little script to my "home" stack that will load the externals and
"use" that stack:

on openStack
  externalseinrichten
  start using this stack
  #...
end openStack

## German for "setup externals"
command externalseinrichten
  put the filename of this stack into fn
  set itemdel to "/"
  delete item -1 of fn
  put "/externals/" after fn
  put the folder into olddir
  set the folder to fn

  # Mac!
  # Use "files" and filter with "*.dll" for Windows
  put the folders into tBundles
  filter tBundles with "*.bundle"
  repeat for each line i in tBundles
    put fn & i & CR after Xlist
  end repeat
  delete char -1 of Xlist
  set the folder to olddir
  set the externals of this stack to Xlist
end externalseinrichten

That's it!

> --
> -Mark Wieder