Sending mouseup to checkboxes on different card

Robert Brenstein rjb at robelko.com
Wed Oct 20 11:03:28 EDT 2010

On 20.10.10 at 07:49 -0700 charles61 apparently wrote:
>Hi Craig!
>
>I checked for line breaks but there is none. I think the one in my
>posting was due to cutting and pasting the code to Nabble.
>
>My sample stack of two cards has four checkboxes on one card and
>four on the second. Each checkbox has code to show a field that when
>it is checked. To see if the checkboxes are receiving the mouseUp, I
>set all of the fields associated with the checkboxes to invisible.
>The checkboxes that are checked on the first card show the fields
>but the checkboxes on the second card do not and generates an error
>message in the IDE when I pressed the mouseUp button on the first
>card. If I click on the checkbox to uncheck, the error message
>appears for the next checkbox that is checked. If you have any other
>ideas, please feel free to suggest them!
>
>Charles Szasz
>cszasz at mac.com

Craig meant me thinks that your inner if should be

if the hilite of button b of card y = "true" then
   send mouseUp to button b of card y
end if

instead of

if the hilite of button b of card y = "true" then send mouseUp to
button b of card y

to avoid compilation ambiguity.

Anyway, your script may fail if your mouseup function does sth that
refers to the buttons on the other card, which are not present on the
current card and it does not make full reference to them but only
uses short names.

Robert