on-rev remote database

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue Oct 19 22:40:39 EDT 2010

This is not a good idea. I agree with the best practices notion that direct access to remote SQL servers is in general a bad thing. There are tricks you can use to harden them. I know our web guy got really really good at this. Still, you have to know what you are doing, and apart from IP filtering, it's best to not do it.

That being said, I wonder if you could use a proxy to get around this limitation?

Bob