on-rev remote database

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Mon Oct 18 14:41:29 EDT 2010

Hmm, I wonder if you can set it to not worry about what IP is the connection
is coming from.

We are making a subscription service that allows for use of our programs and
hosting/maintainence of your data.

We want to try to use On-Rev as a remote MySQL host. I have php scripts that
create a new database for a client and execute a statement to set up the
database to be used with our client program.

Our client program uses SQL Yoga to connect directly to the client's
database and they can work with the same database from as many computers as
they need.

The client never actually gets the login credentials for the database
because they are stored in our private "big" client DB. On startup the rev
program fetches the credentials from our database and connects to theirs to
begin working with it.

I would hate to have to rewrite my entire suite of programs to center around
an irev script for the transactions. I would love to use On-Rev as a
database host because of how close it is to where I am located and the power
of revServer.