dragData["files"] question

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Oct 17 15:31:47 EDT 2010

On 10/17/10 1:34 PM, FlexibleLearning wrote:
> Hi Klaus,
>
> Duh! Getting tired, or old, or both!
>
> But even correcting the read-only as you point out, setting the
> dragData["files"] fails to update the array.
>
> Will continue to ponder, but it appears not to be settable.

I think you can only set the dragdata if the drag initiates in LiveCode.
If the drag starts from a different app, like the Finder, then it isn't
settable. I haven't tested that exactly but that's my interpretation of
the entry in the docs.

Since your dragEnter handler successfully populates a file list, can't
you just use that instead of trying to reset the drag array? Seems to me
by the time you get to "dragEnter" you are already in the object and
ready to act on it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com