on-rev database help

Erik Schwartz eriks at sisyph.us
Sat Oct 16 17:02:16 EDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 16, 2010 at 2:34 PM, Bill Ziegler <billziegler at mac.com> wrote:

> Questions
>
> 1. Can I put my existing stack on my on-rev server account for multiple people to use at one time?

I don't thinks so

> 2. Can I put my existing stack on our school server for multiple people to use at one time?

Probably

> 3. Am i up-that-creek for not knowing SQL?

It sounds like learning enough SQL to do what you need to do you
should be able to pick up in a weekend. The hardest part is the lack
of escape characters in livecode. You end up in &, ", and ' hell.

> 4. If (I) and (2) are possible with or without SQL what's my best option to learn how to do whatever I'll need to do.

http://www.w3schools.com/sql/default.asp

and

http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/buckets/784/lessons/7003-Connecting-to-a-MySQL-database

 should get you most of the way there