Constant command

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Oct 14 12:34:46 EDT 2010

Hi Craig,

I don't know if it is compelling, but a constant is readily available to all handlers in a script. If you have a library with functions and you don't know which function will be called first, it is useful to not be required to define a local variable in every function. Usually, I keep constants at the top of a script, which makes it easy to adjust a script for different customers or servers. Sometimes, I use a constant only because it is easier to write, e.g. I consistently use dot instead of ".".

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com