Flipping graphic with a Key

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Oct 13 19:26:15 EDT 2010

On 14/10/2010 00:14, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 10/13/10 5:34 PM, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
>
>> However, have you tried Jim Lambert's suggestion of using the keyUp
>> event? AFAIK, LiveCode processes auto-repeating keys (at least on Mac)
>> as repeated keyDown events; but it only sends a keyUp event when the key
>> is released.
>
> If you're right I'll be embarrassed. ;) Used to be on Macs you got repeated
> keyups no matter what you did -- I remember having a terrible time with it,
> which is why I didn't even go there for this question. But I just did a quick
> test and it looks like it works as you'd expect now, which means your
> suggestion would be the right one.
>
> Not sure how Windows works now. It used to provide discrete keydown and keyup
> messages as expected.

Not as embarrased as I would have been if I'd sent the message I wrote a few
hours ago, before reading Jim Lambert's!  I'd written insisting that the only
solution was to switch to a 'stateful' (ie modifier) key - but read Jim's
message before mine had actually been sent, and after testing, discarded mine
with a thoughtful look...

Ben