[ANN] Simple RPN Calculator on RevOnline

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 17:07:13 EDT 2010

Andre.

The whole point of registers is that data entry is naturally terminated by
either an "enter" or an operator. The data is loaded, and waits for the user
to command it. This is unlike an algebraic (or operator prefix) system
where the operator is entered between the operands, and therefore the process is
locked into a prescribed state. You cannot change your mind, and add,
instead of multiply, those two numbers you are interested in. The four register
stack permits any number of levels of nested, complex chain calculations.
This requires a separate temporary register in a prefix system.

But you know all that. I just think that a register based gadget would be
easier to author than any other, and you could make it so those registers are
visible, if you wanted to. Like that calculator I cannot remember...

Craig