[ANN] Simple RPN Calculator on RevOnline

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 15:55:56 EDT 2010

Andre.

As a reverse Polish afficionado from the days of the HP-35, I have to tell
you that the following sequence fails:

1- Key in a 6
2- Enter
3- Key in a 5
4- Key in "-" (minus)

In an RPN calculator, the enter key terminates data entry, and the next
argument (or operand) is loaded for immediate action. This is operator postfix
notation. I am sure you know this.

Your minus sign correlates to a "change sign" key on an HP calculator. I
cannot do a subtraction at all. A bug? Or me? But a gorgeous little
calculator. Did you ever see, and I forget which model it was, an HP with all four
stack registers ("X", "Y", "Z", and "T") visible at once in a four line
display? Must have been about 1980 or so. You can watch as you build and collapse
the registers as you work a multi-level calculation.

Regards,

Craig Newman