Workaround For No selectionChanged Message?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Oct 13 08:01:44 EDT 2010

Recently, Monte Goulding wrote:

>> I currently have text formatting controls in a palette
>
>> There's got to be an easier way.
>
> Are you sure you are using a palette? This should work without you doing
> anything?

Um, yes, I'm pretty sure that "palette stack xyz" sets the stack's style to
palette...  :-)

But you got me thinking, I am trying to maintain the user's selection after
the text has been styled, and it seems that even the LiveCode IDE doesn't do
this (selection is lost after style is changed).  So maybe the previously
selected text needs to be reselected after being styled.

This seems to work, but I could have sworn there was some window switching
situation where the text selection would be lost.  Anyway, I'll continue
with this option -- thanks for the push Monte.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design