Workaround For No selectionChanged Message?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Oct 12 20:42:51 EDT 2010

Am I living on another planet or is the selectionChanged message not
triggered by selecting the contents of a field via script?

I have recently begun to struggle again with a simple text editor project
and it seems when the contents of a field are selected via script (select
text of fld 1), no selectionChanged message is sent.

I have a frontScript with a selectionChanged routine that is supposed to
track any changes in text selection.  It works as expected when selections
are changed via mouse, click, and drag, but when text is selected by script
using the above "select text of fld 1" nothing happens.

Admittedly, this is Rev 4.0, but is this correct behavior?  I could use a
klunky workaround of a looping script that constantly polls the selectedText
but this is, er, klunky.  Might there be another way?

Thanks for any suggestions/clarifications.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design