shell command to identify wireless printer

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 07:45:48 EDT 2010

I can probably get this to work, since my handler already relies on
asking the user once for the USB printer identification then storing
it so the user never has to be asked again. If I can identify the
wireless network I can associate a printer with it, store that
printername, and then proceed.

However, I don't understand much at all about command-line stuff. I ran
put shell("/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Apple80211.framework/
Versions/Current/Resources/airport-I")
and I get an error. What command should I use to operate on this
filepath? And what's the "-I" at the end? It's not part of the filename.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig