SHIFTy thoughts

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Oct 11 10:41:57 EDT 2010

On 10/11/10 6:27 AM, Len Morgan wrote:

> I think what Richmond was after was a message that get's sent when he
> presses the shift key, not detecting when it's down. The only way that
> comes to mind would be a front script that captured the keydown/keyup or
> rawkeys messages, check for the shift key state then fired a message to
> a handler of your choosing.

On OS X, at least, no key messages are sent by the OS when the shift key
is depressed. The OS does allow you to check its state if you
specifically ask, which is why the function works, but you aren't
notified automatically by the OS each time it goes down. That's why
LiveCode can't send any system messages about it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com