[ANN] slotmachine iPhone was scrolling wheel

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sat Oct 9 16:47:41 EDT 2010

Hi all,
I announced a scrolling wheel 2 days ago, complaining about the speed of the
RevMobile/iPhone combination for a slot machine /scrolling wheel. I looked
further into this and it turns out that RevMobile can quite well scroll text
fields, less so if there are graphics with gradients and almost not at all
if there are graphic effects. Since I used graphic effects to approximate
the native control that was not a good idea.
Over an image RevMobile can quite acceptably scroll a field.
The whole point of the object I posted was to have a native Rev control for
RevMobile. I decided to throw out the graphic effects, used only fields and
graphics with gradients to fake the native control and then when everything
is done natively in Rev, resizing text size/font etc before deploying to the
iPhone/iPad the object now takes a screenshot of itself, places this image
beneath the scrolling field and is ready to be deployed to the iOS devices:
much better responsiveness.
So although using an image still the native control over the object.
I posted these again here are the addresses (last time I had one link wrong,
sorry for that)

Please watch out for line breaks
As a revlet

http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/slotmachine/slotmachinerevlet/

as a zipped stack

http://berndniggemann.on-rev.com/slotmachine/slotmachinestack/slotmachineiphone.rev.zip

Oh, and I tried to mimick the light blue of the original in this version.
I think this version is a lot more useful than the older, allows for larger
objects, better scrolling on iPhone 3G and up. And I hope it resembles the
native control enough.
regards
Bernd