[OT] Morning fun: Tao of Programming

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 15:44:00 EDT 2010

  On 10/09/2010 08:42 PM, Andre Garzia wrote;
> I am on purgatory right now...

A bit too Catholic for my taste (purgatory); let's just say that over
the last few lifetimes
I obviously racked some some fairly negative karma and the Yamadutas are
watching
me fairly closely . . .

Think about the brothers Hiranyaksha and Hiranyakashipu, Ravana and
Shishupal
(who were the same pair just going through a tough time because they
managed,
very successfully, to put the collective noses of the Chatur Kumari out
of joint) and
you might just get what I'm aiming at: what the LiveCode / RunRev
equivalent of
Varahadeva, Prahlada or Narasinghadeva might be I just don't know.

certainly a badly written program will bring on some sort of wrathful
backlash;
although whether that will include some Vaisnav avatar crashing out of your
local equivalent of the Ugra Stamba I cannot say.

Or, to put it another way; as Jesus said in the Gospel of Thomas: "it is
not what goes
into your mouth that is the problem, it is what comes out" - personal
paraphrase.

Sorry, List-Mum, for that quasi-religious outburst - but if folks must
start drawing uncomfortable
parallels between LiveCode and religion you can always rely on Richmond
to go the whole
(kosher) hog . . .  :)