Livecode suffix is a pain

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 12:19:08 EDT 2010

  On 10/08/2010 06:07 PM, Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:
> Hi from Beautiful Brittany,
>
> With LiveCode, new stacks are created with the
> .livecode suffix, and this screws up several of my
> utility programs which create paths which assume
> a .rev suffix.
>
> Of course, when I save a new stack, I can always
> replace the livecode suffix with .rev, and this
> seems to cause no problems. But then I have to
> remember each time I create a new stack to make
> that modification.
>
> Question 1 : Do "livecode" suffixed stacks differ
> from ".rev" suffixed stacks ?
>
> Question 2 : Can I automatically have the .rev
> suffix used when creating a livecode stack ?
> (Can't find anything in "Preferences" !)
>
> Question 3 : Why was that change made in the suffix ?

Funny that; I use an antiquated Mac program called Appleworks
for 95% of my word-processing needs; its documents carry the

.cwk  suffix

because it started out as Clarisworks.

Of course one of the 'advantages' of changing a file suffix is that it
makes things awkward for users of eariler versions so they are under
pressure to upgrade . . .  :)