Download Beta Test Franklin Audio External for LiveCode

Web Admin Himalayan Academy katir at hindu.org
Thu Oct 7 17:40:47 EDT 2010

  On 10/7/10 7:41 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
> -------------
> So far we have decide to provide ANOTHER example for multi-channel.
> New WIN archive in the same beta folder.
> This new example works seems in 100% cases.
>
>      www.franklin3d.com/download/beta/audio
>

> Aoha,
Aloha, Ruslan:

Mac, OS X; LiveCode 4.5

I spent more time today, seeing if i could repeat my failures yesterday...

But it is working now...well, mostly. There are some "states" in which
the demo appears to be caught that generates errors, and then you click
around and then it works.

  repeated testing of the 02. Sources Sharing Buffers... occasionally
I'll get "Error generating audio source" but then after stopping and
initializing frequently, it suddenly starts working.

but the occasionally if I click "stop" I'll get a script error:

   error here:

   get alDeleteSources(Sources_idx, "Sources");

then if I close the Sources Sharing Buffers substack and click "Start
again" I get this:

  error here:

  -- Initialize OpenAL.
    if(alutInit() = "AL_FALSE") then
       Message "Could not initialize."
       return 0
    end if

then later if I try to restart the stack:

  get OpenAl_Init("","") // First parameter serial for Windows, second
for MAC

card "MainCard": execution error at line n/a () near "DEMO time is over."

attempt to quit LiveCode IDE and LiveCode hangs.

Should I be sending in the crash report?

reboot LiveCode, reopen demo, choose Sources Sharing Buffers
initialize, click on sounds they play... stop  then re-initialize and
click on a sound button... now we get, instead: "error generating audio
source."

go back, Stop Initialize  click sounds again... now they play as
expected... so, I don't know what is happening, but I think the "core"
of it is working as expected.

Otherwise great work, *very* promising! good luck

Sivakatirswami