Storing an Array as a Custom Property

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 14:06:32 EDT 2010

You can put multidimensional arrays into properties, at least as of what..
3.5? If I recall correctly, the only real issue with this is that you have
to pull the whole thing back out as a unit to work with it.  I'm not
positive, but I don't think it arrayencodes and decodes when you get and
set. bit not sure.  When looking at a property that is an array in the
inspector it says this:
*
The value of this custom property is an array and can only be edited in the
Property inspector if it is first converted into a string. Doing this will
empty the array. If you are sure you want to do this, double click on this
field*