HTML Text

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri Oct 1 12:01:01 EDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 12:52 PM, Ray Horsley <ray at linkit.com> wrote:

> Ah -  Very interesting regarding the defaultFolder.  The defaultFolder when
> I open LiveCode on my machine is:
>
>   C:/Windows/system32
>
> I didn't realize I was doing anything with the defaultFolder when issuing
> the command:
>
>   set the htmlText of fld 1 to myHtml
>
> Should I set this beforehand to a known folder the user can write to?

Ray,

You need to set it to some place where the compound assembly of the
defaultfolder + your imagesource value actually resolves to a real file.

So if you have the following imagesource set:

ETS Items/ETS Item Bank/ETS10Q1/01 Full Bank/06 Math QTI 0with GUIDs and
96dpi PNG/Grade 06Math-49/images/mml2504101.png

And that "ETS Items" is located at "~/Desktop/Rays App/" so that the actuall
file path is:

~/Desktop/Rays App/ETS Items/ETS Item Bank/ETS10Q1/01 Full Bank/06 Math QTI
0with GUIDs and 96dpi PNG/Grade 06Math-49/images/mml2504101.png

Then you just need to set the defaultfolder to "~/Desktop/Rays App/"

Image source has three possible resolutions:

(1) The image is inside revolution since imagesource value is an ID or image
name. Just figure out what image is and use it
(2) The image is a remote resource since we're given an fully qualified URL.
Load it from the server
(3) Image is a file on disk, see if it is a full path or relative path to
our defaultfolder and solve it.

I actually think that cases (2) and (3) are actually the same. I don't know
if you can simply pass a path without the binfile protocol in it.

Try changing your source to something like:

binfile:ETS Items/ETS Item Bank/ETS10Q1/01 Full Bank/06 Math QTI 0with GUIDs
and 96dpi PNG/Grade 06Math-49/images/mml2504101.png

Remember the relative folder, if possible, always use full paths by figuring
out the path before assembling the HTMLText chunk and replacing the
variables.