Error numbers

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Nov 30 13:43:16 EST 2010

On 11/30/10 12:13 PM, Jeff Massung wrote:
> Honestly, this is something that's always urked me about Rev. With [almost]
> everything else being so user-friendly, error reporting is definitely not
> one of them. How hard could it possibly be to convert that into object,
> function name, line #?

In the IDE it does. In standalones, you need to convert them yourself
(see "errorDialog" in the dictionary on how to do that.)

I don't mind it, because usually I don't want my users to know exactly
what (stupid, incompetent) error I caused. I'd rather they just see the
numbers, and I can look it up myself.

Naturally I speak theoretically, since I always write perfect code... :-P

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com