Nine digit zip codes

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Tue Nov 30 08:06:26 EST 2010

FWIW, I have a handler that feeds the address to Google Maps and then
parses the HTML to extract the 5-digit zip code. Takes less than a
second unless the traffic is high. I'm pretty good at text parsing but
know very little about XML and GET/POST commands -- I had to look
around to find a webpage that I could post the address using straight
HTML rather than Java or SQL or whatever, and Google Maps was it. Only
a 5-digit zip, though.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com