Question about Pasting or copying cds from one stack to another

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 23:57:17 EST 2010

--- On Mon, 11/29/10, Joe Lewis Wilkins <pepetoo at cox.net> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
>
> > I have thought for a long time that Menus in
> Rev/LiveCode should actually be a special kind of object
> unto themselves, not a group of objects set as a background.
> However, consider Windows, where menus are a part of the
> window itself, and you will begin to see why it almost has
> to work this way.
> >
> > Bob
> >

> Thanks for the thought Bob. I'm such
> a Mac person that I neglected to think of that; also, as
> part of that myopia I dislike having the menus on the
> Window's real-estate. Apple got it right. M$ did not. IMHO!
>
> Joe Wilkins

Well, having the menu at the top of the window brings it closer to the data to which it applies (definitely in a world where 27in+ screens are available) - but having the menu at the top of the screen makes it easier to 'hit' (by kicking the mouse with your fingers)
Can't remember the source, but I'm sure Richard Gaskin posted it here :-)

That being said, the middle ground for LiveCode would be to take them out of the card, and insert a separate 'menubar' area that is painted in the Mac menubar, or above the regular card area on other platforms.
And then a 'toolbar' area that looks unified on a Mac, etc. :-)

But I do understand the team has larger fish to fry in the grand scheme of development platforms. What they have now works (quirks included) so the focus is on things that aren't yet possible (like iOS).

Jan Schenkel.
=====
Quartam Reports & PDF Library for LiveCode
www.quartam.com

=====