[Really-OT] Rio is at a state of war

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Nov 29 13:09:05 EST 2010

Wow. It never ceases to amaze me what really newsworthy stuff never gets past our liberal media. I am willing to bet that the major media outlets here in the US never puts this out, at least not until the internet blogs are all over it. But never mind that, may God watch over and protect you and yours in this trying time.

On a side note, I think everyone in the world needs to understand this now: Organized criminals cannot be tolerated. They will never leave well enough alone. To become anyone especially notable in these organizations, you have to cast down any humanity you have left and become a viscous animal. They must be put down as soon as they present a major problem, otherwise you get what Andre is seeing now.

America is no different. I think a LOT of tax revenues end up in the bank accounts of organized crime through corrupt politicians. Otherwise, why wouldn't a decent politician NOT do a major audit of state and/or federal finances? Everyone in America who pays taxes would ABSOLUTELY LOVE any politician who did this and published the results as a pre-cursor to cutting back on spending, but no one touches it. Why? Because no one really wants to know where all the money is going, that's why.

Mind you, this is not the same thing as an organized group rising up among the people of a given country to topple a hopelessly corrupt tyrannical government. Revolution is a kind of cleansing rain for civilizations. The only problem now is how to replace the prior government with people who are not as corrupt! And that is a function of how morally strong the people themselves are. It's hard sometime to tell the difference between a just revolution and a civil war between rival factions of criminals.

Bob

On Nov 26, 2010, at 9:00 AM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> Folks,
>
> This is just a heads up plus me needing to vent it out. Rio de Janeiro is in
> a state of un-assumed war for a week now. Criminal factions are trying to
> spread terror by burning car, buses and whatever they can on the street,
> sometimes without giving any warning to those inside. We're living with this
> crap for so long that we're not impressed anymore.
<snip>