LiveCode & applescript

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 09:26:01 EST 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 2:08 PM, Yves COPPE <yvescoppe at skynet.be> wrote:

> Le 28 nov. 2010 à 12:34, Sarah Reichelt a écrit :
>
>> Where you have "open application", try using "launch application" instead.
>> It's a while since I did this, but I seem to remember that "open"
>> brings the app to the front, where "launch" does not.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Sarah
>>

> Hi Sarah,
>
> Yes, that's the solution !!!
> It works : there is indeed a difference between "open" and "launch"
> Thank you.
>
> Greetings.
>
> Yves COPPE
> yvescoppe at skynet.be

Hi Yves and Sarah,

1) The open command behaves like the File -> Open menu in the finder.
In fact, "open" is more dedicated to open a document. In AS, the
"application" class inherits of the "document" class. In the "open
application" case, the iCal application is considered as a document of
the Finder.
Open a document in an application will bring it on the frontmost of
the documents. So each new application open in the finder will be
opened on the frontmost.

2) As pointed out by Sarah, the launch command is a better choice,
remaining iCal behind LiveCode.
The "launch" command opens a new application on the top of the finder,
but behind the frontmost applications.

3) You can also use the "run" command
The run command seems to open a new application "behind" the finder,
so behind the finder windows already opened.

Regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc