on-rev server question

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Nov 27 13:32:22 EST 2010

Couple things to mention here.  The document root can be ANY folder name,
but the folder name does have to match whatever you end up with in your
addon domains list.  You could have a document root of
/public_html/fredIsAWeirdo and it will work as long as cpanel points to it
for that domain. I don't know how the on-rev client would see a non-standard
name, but.. well since it sucks so bad that would not be an issue for me
really.

Since you removed it and are trying to start over, I'm wondering if you
should manually remove the associated folder if it wasn't.  Since it sounds
like you don't have much of anything in there yet, it wouldn't hurt to
remove the thing, then try to add the domain again.

If it still doesn't work, time to contact support for help so you can then
re-add.

As for the order of things, I'll add my vote for:

1. Buy domain
2. On Go daddy site, point at the Loki nameservers
3. Wait patiently until you can ping your domain and it returns the IP for
loki (which I believe is 74.54.153.70)
4. AddOn the domain, and set it's document root.
5. Add any subdomains of your new domain, and set their document roots.