MySQL and open source

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Nov 27 11:19:10 EST 2010

On 11/27/10 5:08 PM, "Björnke von Gierke" <bvg at mac.com> wrote:

> On 27 Nov 2010, at 15:53, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:
>
>> Sorry, If license not says 1 hour, 1 day, 1 week, 1 year...
>> Then when? And who choose when?
>
> In cotract rights (like for example licensing) both parties agree on common
> terms, and then follow trough with it. As partners, they both agree on the
> terms. No one will agree that a year delivery time is just for both sides,
> certainly not for an electronic good.

In contract rights, any important term present in the text of contract.
Right?

Any verbal agreements are not valid. Right?
Any phone talks before are not valid. Right?
Only text of contract.

Text of GPL contains any words about terms of delivery sources?
Right today YOU have said:

> The GPL does not mandate how and when you give the source code to other
> people, only that you must do it.

Very exact phrase. It means for me personally:
    in the text of GPL there is no any terms about WHEN to deliver.

Then what "contract rights" you mean?

A) some another law?  Which? Of which country?
B) or users must sign additional contract to GPL?  :-)
C) or ... ?

And which term of delivery then is maximal?
Is it the same for all GPL "contracts" or it can be different?

================================
Okay, I think we can stop this thread.

I think readers already have to see how easy can be catched
"own understanding" of licenses. Even lawyers can do long time
wars around this :-)

Thank you for your opinion. :-)

--
Best regards,