Mobile Development setup issues - iOS

Ronald Zellner zellner at tamu.edu
Wed Nov 24 10:26:04 EST 2010

I'm trying to master creating a mobile app for iPad.
I have the PDF instructions for the iOS Deployment pack, I've tried to follow the steps carefully, however it gets a little abstract after working with the Apple certificates and developer resources, etc.
I am at the point of trying to deploy a test stack; I have recently updated the Xcode to 4.2, and the iPhone Simulator 4.2 shows up in my Mac System Profiler, but it does not show up in the simulator list in the revMobilePlugin.rev file.

I have a developers license and the certificates show up as validated, etc.

I have created a couple of LiveCode test projects that show up in the simulator (3.2 and 4.1) and I can deploy them as Apps.
But when I try to add an App to my iPad in the Xcode Organizer I get the following error:

The executable was signed with invalid entitlements
The entitlements specified in your application’s Code Signing Entitlements file do not match those specified in your provisioning profile.
(0xE8008016).

Any thoughts on where I should begin to solve this? Is it a LiveCode thing, an Xcode thing? Not sure what to look for or change.

Thanks in advance,
Ron