Using SQLite as a multi-user database?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Nov 23 18:06:06 EST 2010

On 11/23/10 10:34 PM, "Jonathan Lynch" <jonathandlynch at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Jonathan,

Idea was just simply do:

    while( Db.open() is false )
    keep trying open it

        do some job

    db.close()

At least yet in 1999 Valentina was so fast that even in this dummy way was
able handle many users ...

Of course this is the most dummy way.
You can think about it as transaction with the whole isolation level.

-------
If you want to work with true record level locks,
Then only Valentina Server is a away. (I mean for Valentina DB)

For above open/close trick, there is no sense even set record locks.

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology