How do you programmatically create an empty database?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Nov 23 16:32:51 EST 2010

Jonathan,

That depends on the database you want to use. If you use MySQL then the answer is yes, although it might be possible to write new database files directly to the MySQL directory and restart MySQL (for which you will also need to use the shell function).

Why are you so keen on creating a database file by script?

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com