Using SQLite as a multi-user database?

Fredrik Andersson fredrik at morbug.se
Tue Nov 23 13:51:38 EST 2010

Björnke von Gierke skrev 2010-11-23 19.24:
> I think fredrik just uses installed programs and a sqlite file on a network share. Which is a smart way to circumvent "no server" rules, and sqlite seems to be able to do that.

Yep, that's how I planned it. Previously I've mostly used text files to
hold data, but it becomes a bit tricky when you've got several users
that might write to the data at the same time (= lots of text files +
some code to try to prevent it in order to minimize the risk). I've
managed to work around it so far but I hope this will be a better
solution in the end.