Using SQLite as a multi-user database?

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Nov 23 13:24:56 EST 2010

I think fredrik just uses installed programs and a sqlite file on a network share. Which is a smart way to circumvent "no server" rules, and sqlite seems to be able to do that.

As for rev not being able to react to multiple clients on sockets, that is not how it works. if you do not use blocking wait, and/or have huge and long calculations, everything should work, for quite a few clients.

the most chatrev-clients ever where about 25 (over the internet, not a private network), and it didn't even slow down at all, running from a 400 mhz pentium II with 700 mb (or similar) of ram.

I'd guess you can go into the low hundreds before needing to do special things, as long as everyone can be served within a few milliseconds or so.

--

official ChatRev page:
http://bjoernke.com?target=chatrev

Chat with other RunRev developers: