Using SQLite as a multi-user database?

Fredrik Andersson fredrik at morbug.se
Tue Nov 23 07:10:08 EST 2010

Hello,

From reading on the SQLite website I get the impression that it IS possible to use SQLite as a multi-user database even though it's not its primary purpose. I recently made a small application that was used by very few people and the app didn't implode or anything.

My question is: Does anyone have any experience using SQLite as a multi-user database? If the answer is yes:  did it work? (or didn't it?) Any hints on what to do to keep things running smoothly? The users will be on WinXP if that makes any difference.

Oh, and the reason I have to use SQLite is that I can't run any database servers (the IT department would be.... annoyed to say the least).

Thanks,

Fredrik