error seeking in file

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 22:25:05 EST 2010

Ah k cool. In which case you don't need to specify a byte/char position at
all so the whole 'start' question becomes moot.

In this case, since you read the whole file, then rewrite the whole file, to
simplify might consider using the URL keyword to do this.

put url "file:test" into tContents-- to eat the file,
-- change tContents around here.

put tContents into URL "file:test" -- spit it back out here.