desktop to iPad

edward cawley etcawley at fastmail.fm
Mon Nov 22 20:33:24 EST 2010

Still have a problem, I set the stack to 1000 x 700. I have to reduce an image to 570 x 348 to show the whole image in the iPad simulator.At that size it fills the whole iPad window with no border.  If I try to increase the image it is cut in width and height.If the ipad landscape view is suppose to be 1004 x 768 why can't it show an image this big? I am running it on a MacBook Pro, snow leopard, at 1152 X 720 monitor setting. Changing the monitor dimension doesn't make a difference in the result. Any ideas??

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 8:09 AM, edward cawley <etcawley at fastmail.fm> wrote:
> Just starting to look at Revmobile, I have an app which runs on desktop . I'd like to modify it to the ipad. I reduced the stack size to 1000,700 which should fit the ipad. I have an animated Gif on the first card with a dimension of 700,452. When I make a landscape iPad on the simulator only a portion of the image is shown. Now the simulation iPad app is not the actual size of the ipad. Would the image show up in the actual device? If not, what do I have to do to see what the ipad image would be?

Edward, the iPad screen is 1024 x 768 or 768 x 1024 depending on orientation.

After that, you need to take 20 pixels off for the status bar at the
top, which makes the effective dimensions 1004 x 768 or 748 x 1024.

You can set the orientation using the iphoneRotateInterface command.
If you want to control how you allow the user to rotate, you need to
handle the orientationChanged message as shown in the handbook.

When a rotation occurs, you get a resizeStack message which you can
use to adjust the size of your gif, or show/hide different images.

In the simulator, there are menu items to allow you to simulate a
rotation. The actual scale of the simulator screen depends on your
screen res, but is an accurate representation of what you will see on
the actual iPad screen.

Cheers,
Sarah