[OT] Interesting Article on Form Design

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Nov 22 19:32:19 EST 2010

Thanks Scott. I have been mulling around in my head about some kind of form generator, that when given a set of database columns, will auto layout input fields for them in order selected based upon the column size and what have you. I call it a field dropper, and I have a working model which gathers the columns of a connected SQL database table, and then presents the user with list fields of columns which have not been dropped on the form yet. but I would like to place the input fields in some kind of grid, instead of dropping them center card and having the user drag them to where he wants them.

Is there anything written up on some acceptable standards about distance between input fields, and distance to top and bottom of form?

Bob