Multi-Language-Support iOS

ron barber runrevron at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 07:57:59 EST 2010

Hi Harald
I don't know if this works on iOS but In my app using Japanese and
English, I have two custom property sets that have the same elements,
each with names in their respective languages. The appropriate
property set is set on preopenstack of the mainstack based on a
preference setting.

on preopenstack
set the custompropertyset of wd "myapp" to whichlanguage
end preopenstack

under the custompropertyset I have a customproperty consisting of a
list of objects and their label/content

synct,Synchronize
multit,Multiple Copies

then I read the customproperty and
split thelist by return and comma

 then on preopenstack of the main stack or any substacks I set the
object properties.

set the label of btn "synct" to thelist[synct]
set the text of fld "multicopyt" to thelist[multit]

you do not have to include a customproperty that is one long list, you
could make each label a separate cprop and call it like
set the label of btn "synct" to the synct of wd "myapp"

The important part is that you have a custompropertyset for each
language and then set that according to your user's preferences.

HTH
Ron