Why Does this Behavior Fail?

Web Admin Himalayan Academy katir at hindu.org
Wed Nov 17 20:07:10 EST 2010

  On 11/17/10 2:51 PM, J. Landman Gay wrote:

> I have a stack that does that, but it doesn't use behaviors. I just
> put this into the card:
>
> on mouseEnter
>   put the cTip of the target into tTip
>   if tTip <> "" then
>     set the htmltext of fld "helptext" to tTip
>   end if
>   pass mouseEnter
> end mouseEnter
>
> on mouseLeave
>   put "" into fld "helptext" -- or hide the fld
>   pass mouseLeave
> end mouseLeave
>
> Only those objects that have a cTip property will do anything. I just
> add help text to anything that needs it. I don't think I'd use
> "mouseWithin", it will trigger repeatedly.

I love it... simple is better "who needs behaviors if you don't need
behaviors" (hehe, though I still would like to know why it did not work...)

Right... mousewithin... i had my field blink 35 times at one point...
I'll use this... only thing was I was putting all the tips in custom
props for hte card rather than in individual controls. But I like your
way too. Makes the object portable.

Thanks
Sivakatirswami