Please suggest script

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Wed Nov 17 13:36:40 EST 2010

On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 4:30 PM, Timothy Miller <
gandalf at doctortimothymiller.com> wrote:

> Thanks Andre!
>
> I think you might have misunderstood my request. What I want to do is
> pretty simple. I will manually locate web URLs, and hilite them manually.
> They are in plain text. Then I want to click a button that will turn the
> hilited plain-text URL into a clickable link. By "clickable link" I mean I
> want it to open the URL in my web browser.

ohhhh so it is easier than I thought....

> I tried:
>
> get the selectedText
> revGoUrl it
>
> That worked, to my amazement. Cool. Didn't know about RevGoUrl.
>
> OTOH, the docs say revGoUrl is deprecated. I'm not sure what to use
> instead.

I don't believe RevGoURL is deprecated..... Oh My Lord Ganesha!!! It is
deprecated... well, it is not the end of the world, it appears that they
introduced launch url sometime during 2.9 and I missed it.

So, use the selectedchunk. Something along the lines of:

set the textstyle of the selectedchunk to "linktext".

Then, lock the text field so it is not editable anymore. Put a handler in it
like

on linkcliked pLink
  launch url pLink
end linkclicked