Please suggest script

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctortimothyMiller.com
Wed Nov 17 12:58:24 EST 2010

Sigh... Always the newbie...

I have a rev stack containing tens of thousands of words of notes, in plain text, in various fields, on many cards. I won't bore you with the details.

Some of these notes include URLs for web sites, in plain text. There are hundreds of these.

I'd like to be able to highlight a web URL, click on a button, and turn the text into a clickable link. (We can assume my web browser is already open)

Is this possible? If so, how? If someone can sketch out what the script needs to do, I can probably work out the details.

I got as far as making a new button, turning off "auto-hilite" and "get the selectedText". That works.

What next?

Thanks in advance,

Tim