Gif issues

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 08:12:53 EST 2010

Animated GIF images seem to cause more trouble than they are worth with
Livecode:

- turning the clock back -

Animations were effected in Hypercard by running through a series of cards.

---------------------------------------

A method I have used is by having a Button where I want the animation to
be and
setting the icon to a series of images. If one opens an animated GIF
with Quicktime one
can export the series of frames as individual images which can then be
imported into
a stack, stored off-screen, and called as icons for a button. Although a
series of images will
involves a RAM overhead in comparison with an animated GIF that is
hardly relevant
when people look at you askance if your computer has less that a Gig of RAM.