DOWNLOADING REV 4.0.0

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 17 05:49:41 EST 2010

On 11/17/2010 11:23 AM, Joseba Aguayo wrote:
> Kaixo:
>
> How it's possible that RunRev delete the Revolution Player from his Web??????
> ¡¡¡¡Update the software, but don't delete old files that your client use!!!!!
> This is a serious company?????
>
> Un saludo.
>
> Joseba Aguayo Fernández
> (jaguayo at telur.es)

The whole situation is all rather odd:

Prior to RunRev changing the name of their product to "Livecode" quite
a range of earlier versions of Runtime Revolution were available for
download; presumably as a service to people whose backups have gone screwy;
and a very nice and friendly service it was too - in keeping with the very
nice and friendly image RunRev projected in general.

As soon as "Runtime Revolution" changed to "Livecode" all those
downloads vanished: this reminds me of all those "popular revolutions"
that, like Chronos, ate their own children once power had been
established. It might not be a bad idea to remember what subsequently
happened to Chronos and Robespierre.

As I am a natural conservative sort of fellow (i.e. I conserve all sorts of
odds and ends in case I may need them later) I have burnt all the
variants of
RevStudio 4 as well as quite a few earlier recensions, onto CDs,
external hard drives
and so on - so I can be a "revolutionary backslider" should I choose.

Yours, "Sanson", Richmond.