LiveCode Personal Banner

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Nov 16 09:06:29 EST 2010

Kevin Miller wrote:
> I'm leaning towards shortening the banner time to 5 seconds.

That would be a very good option, IMO.

When SuperCard introduced a splash screen delay they originally went for
10 seconds, but I suggested they try the breath-holding test:   when the
splash screen appears simply hold your breath until it goes away.

Sure, 10 seconds isn't a long time for most folks to hold their breath,
but doing so it makes one very aware of how much time passes.

On paper or in a meeting, 10 second sounds like a short time.  But in
actual use it feels like a very long time.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World