Bug Tracking

Peter Haworth pete at mollysrevenge.com
Fri Nov 12 13:08:56 EST 2010

I've learned over the last few days how important it is to keep track
of code changes in each release of an app.  I already have a LiveCode
app that lets me catalog bugs/enhancements, prioritise them, write
notes about how they were fixed and define which release they were
fixed in.  What's missing is a way to keep a copy of the code base
(i.e. the stack files) for each release so I can go back to it later
if necessary.

My ideal solution would be to simply copy the stack files to a folder
for the release and then somehow kick off a build of the standalone
application.  Copying the files won;t be a problem but is there any
way to automate the build of a standalone?  It's not a huge deal to do
it manually but would be a nice touch to automate it.  And the real
icing on the cake would be to the equivalent of a diff on the code
bases to see what changed between releases.

Does anyone else have a bug/version tracking tool they use and like?

Thanks,

Pete Haworth